Skip headerimage

Handling power cords and power plugs

This section explains safety precautions about handling power cords and power plugs.


  • Connect this machine only to a power source that matches the specifications shown in "Specifications for the Main Unit" in this manual and do not use an extension cord.

  • Use of this machine with extension cords and power sources other than those that match the specifications shown constitutes an electric shock and fire hazard.


  • Power cords that are damaged, broken, modified, trapped under heavy objects, pulled hard, or bent severely are electric shock and fire hazards.


  • Disconnect the power plug (by pulling the plug, not the cable) if the power cable or plug becomes frayed or otherwise damaged.

  • If the power cord is damaged (exposure of the core, disconnection, etc.), contact your service representative to change a new one. Operating the machine with a damaged power cord may cause an electric shock or fire.

  • It is dangerous to handle the plug with wet hands. Doing this may result in receiving an electric shock.

  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet before you move the machine. While moving the machine, you should take care that the power cord will not be damaged under the machine.


  • When you disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet, always pull the plug (not the cable).


  • To disconnect the power cord, pull it out by plug. Do not drag the cord itself. Doing so may result in damage to the cord, leading to fire or electric shock.

  • For safety reason, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet if the machine will not be used for an extended period of time such as holidays.